- Before your appointment, you will be asked to complete and return a quick questionnaire and consent form. This form will be sent out with your emailed Cliniko appointment reminder 24 hours before your booked appointment time. This form must be filled in and returned to me before your appointment time, otherwise, I will be unable to treat you and your appointment will be cancelled. If for some reason, you haven’t received this form, just let me know and I can run though the form with you on the phone.
- You must wear a mask to your appointment session, unless otherwise agreed by your practitioner. If you do not have a mask at home, please let me know in advance so I can have one ready for you on arrival. There will be a £1 charge for the mask.
- On arrival at the clinic, please wait outside the front door. Do not ring the bell-I will come and let you in at your appointment time (-if you press the bell automatically by mistake, don’t worry!-Just let me know and I can immediately wipe it down with an alcohol wipe).
- Please do not arrive at the clinic until your appointment time as in between each patient, the clinic room and common areas will be thoroughly cleaned and ventilated and I will need time to get changed into a new set of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Waiting areas will not be available for use so please do not bring anybody else to the clinic with you.
- When I open the door, I will look a bit different from how you are used to seeing me as I will be dressed in the appropriate PPE. I will have an apron and mask on and in some cases, I will also be wearing a visor or goggles.
- On entry to the clinic, you will be asked to santise your hands. I will be using alcohol gel for this but if you prefer to wash your hands instead, just let me know. I will quickly take your temperature and then you will be asked to go straight into the treatment room. All the doors will be opened for you to minimise any surface contact you need to have and I will close the treatment room door behind you.
- I will then sanitise my hands, put on gloves and we will start your treatment. One of the windows will be open during treatment to allow for ventilation. At this time, we are unable to use fans.
- When I have finished the treatment session, I will take any ongoing appointment bookings. At this time, I am not giving out appointment cards but you will receive a confirmation and reminder email from Cliniko and I am happy to send you a text or email with the appointment time/date.
- The clinic is currently only taking cashless payments. Our preferred method is a bank transfer (-you will be sent the account details) but if this isn’t possible, you can pay the treatment sum in two contactless payments.
- On exiting the clinic, you will be asked to sanitise you hands again and I will open all the doors for you to leave.
Do I need to do anything when I get home after treatment?
When you arrive home, it is advised that you take off your coat/jacket as near to your front door as possible and leave it to air. Wash your hands thoroughly and take your mask off (-make sure to take this off properly from the ties behind and don’t touch the front of the mask). Throw the mask away-preferably in a separate plastic bag that you can tie up and put into your rubbish bin. Wash your hands again.
Because of the nature of treatment, following best practice, it is advisable that you put the clothes that you wore into the clinic into the washing machine on the highest wash that the clothes would take and then hang the clothes out or tumble dry them and jump in the shower.
If you have any queries about the new processes or just want some more information, please get in touch by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon!